Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Making Do With What We've Got
Ben and I have talked about getting Lindsey snow pants for a while now, but with the business of life, it hasn't happened yet. Plus, Boise's snow usually never lasts more than half a day, so we weren't thinking she'd get to really play in it anyway. (I know, I'm a big ball of excuses on this one!) Now that we have quite a bit of snow in the area and Lindsey wants to play outside, the stores seem to be sold-out. Way to go Mom and Dad; way to go! Nothing like waiting until the last minute! Anyway, when we got our first big snow last week, Lindsey really wanted to go play in it, and there wasn't much I could do to stop her. Because I didn't have any snow gear for her (boots included) I had to be a little more creative. Walmart sacks, I've found, have so many uses; it's wonderful! I tied a sack onto each leg over her tennis shoes, and used a giant hair band to cinch it tight on her legs. It's not like I was going to let her go play in the front yard where passing cars would wonder "what the heck?" so I wasn't too worried about her looking trendy. She had fun, but it's definitely not a permanent fix. Today we are determined to find some worthwhile pants she can wear that'll allow her to have plenty of fun in the snow.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Hey we did the same thing last week with Amelia. Mike came home and wanted to take the girls sledding. We layered Amelia in tights and three pairs of sweat pants, and grocery bags. She had a blast. Yesterday I found snow pants at Walmart, they had tons, for 12 bucks. So needless to say Amelia is getting snow pants for Christmas.
Isn't it fun watching them play in the snow.
Ha! HA! I love it! I know whatcha mean! I was JUST at Walmart, like an hour ago, to buy Mason some... They had TONS of girls snowpants (FYI)... And after searching and searching, I found the LAST pair of boys snow pants...
You get the AWESOMENESS MOM award for creativity! Too funny!
ha! She doesnt seem to affected by her lack of "real" snow gear.
Oh Becky you are so clever. This picture made me laugh so hard. Hope you find some good snow pants, I don't know that the bags will hold up in Montana.
Remember when we did that growing up? We had socks on our hands and grocery sacks on our feet...nothing stopped up on those snow days! All that matters is that she had fun! (PS I should have you buy a pair for Kyra (size 8)and send them to us).
That is so great! BTW, thanks for the caramel popcorn!
What a cute little family! I'm so excited you found us so that now we can see what you're up to.
What a great idea! She looks like she is having a wonderful time.
Hi Becky! You are very creative. Just thought I'd let you know that a couple weeks ago I bought Brennan a pair of perfectly/practically new snowboots from GoodWill for $2.75, and they have kids snowbibs for under $5.00. That's my ticket for kids snow stuff, since like you said, they don't need to wear them much here in Boise.
Wow! How did you find us? You have the cutest little girls. I am new to the blogging world but I am loving being able to see what is going on with everyone. Jenny
That is hilarious Becky! Youare so creative! I am glad that you have all had fun the last few weeks!
Post a Comment