Though it was chilly out, we thought it would be fun to break out the two Buzz Light Year kites we've been hanging onto since last year. Ben's, I mean Courtney's kite went up pretty quickly, while Lindsey's needed a little help. (Apparently Mom doesn't know how to assemble a .99 cent kite--It was one little--yet vital piece of plastic that was attached backwards.) So once everything was figured out, the two kites were up in the air. We had a slight breeze, but nothing to the extent of being able to let the girls take the reins like we had hoped, so unfortunately they lost interest pretty quickly. Lindsey ended up running over to the nearby playground equipment, and it wasn't long before Courtney followed her lead. Ben looked at me and said "Well that was a bust." We wrapped up the kite string, and pushed the girls on the swings for a little while, which was definitely the high point of their evening. Though they were happy, Ben was still determined to give Lindsey a good experience with kite flying. Being the awesome Daddy that he is, he hoisted her up onto his shoulders and ran through the park with Buzz trailing behind. I'll admit, I was skeptical of what he could really accomplish, but he managed to send Buzz on a little joy ride, and win over his daughter's heart. It was a fun evening for us all.


Not quite the method I had in mind...but good effort!

Swings are kinda hard to compete with though...

Kite Flying, Attempt #2:


5 comments:
That's so fun! My mom and step dad took our girls kite flying the other weekend and they loved it! And we haven't gone since.
BTW, when doing Easter eggs next year... a big garbage bag works great. Just tear it down the sides and use it as a disposable table cloth. We don't get the newspaper either.
So cute, glad you guys had fun and glad you finally posted a few blogs.
I love flying kites, it looks like the girls had a blast. I must say that is so weird to see my old house in the background.
That looks like so much fun! There is nothing like a fun day at the park! Your little girls are too cute!
Awww...good photos!
Post a Comment