Sunday, March 20, 2011

On a Shooting Frenzy

I have given my mother plenty of grief for not taking very many pictures of me when I was a baby.  I would say there are a little less than ten existent pictures of me between the ages of zero to two.  I could be slightly underestimating (mom, I know you're rolling your eyes) but I'm sure not by much if so.  I've blamed the lack of pictures mostly on the fact that I am the third child, therefore the excitement of each phase had worn off by the time I came into the picture.  But in all honestly, I have to give my parents a bit more credit.  Three kids are definitely harder to manage than two.  You're out numbered at that point and it's hard enough just to get a moment of silence in the bathroom...even with the door locked.  The biggest explanation though, as to why there are so few pictures of baby Becky, I'd have to say, would most definitely be because there were only 20-some pictures to work with on a roll of film, and it sure stinks to be you if none of them turn out after paying to have them all developed.  When times are tough trying to feed that third child, buying and developing film comes pretty low on the priority list.  So this week I find a greater appreciation for being able to raise my children in a time of digital photography.  I've shot countless pictures of Natalie (my third) just practicing with my new camera.  SO many of those pictures are duds, and I can't imagine having to wait a few days to find out how they turned out, and still having to pay for the ones that I'll never want to do anything with.  I'm going to cherish the ones I do have of myself to show my kiddos what their mom looked like, and be grateful for the ability to just keep on snapping pictures until I get the perfect one to print.

So here are some of the most recent of Miss Nat:
 Somethin' bout those big brown eyes...
 This one just makes me laugh!
 She smiles so easily!

 Even when she's sleeping I've got the camera on her.

 Yes, she's developed a taste for that thumb of hers.
Just messing with the camera settings.  I thought this one turned out so sweet.

2 comments:

Juliette said...

Man, she has changed a ton since we saw her last! She is so darling! Keep those cute pictures comin'!

Alanya/Ally said...

So cute! I have to say that my favorite is the one of her sucking her thumb. :) Thanks again for coming to celebrate St. Patrick's day with us. My girls has such a great day and it was soooo nice to get a "mommy-play-date".