Monday, April 25, 2011

What's Been On My Mind Lately

I've been really trying to improve my photography skills lately.  It's the first thing I've sincerely wanted to be good at in a long time--of course aside from motherhood and wifeliness (for the lack of a word, I made one up).  It's been so much fun seeing my pictures improve, but I'm still feeling far from where I want to be.  This is not an easy, nor inexpensive skill.  At times I am discouraged and frustrated about it all, but then I need to remember that I have only been practicing now for six weeks and that's really not much time to get it down.  I've really appreciated my girls being so good by letting me practice on them over, and over again.  I just think it's time to start venturing out to other kids and families.  Here are just a few of my favorites.





















3 comments:

Elizabeth & Matthew said...

I've got a difficult 20 month old you can practice on. As you can see by all my pictures she doesn't like to cooperate. I'll have a newborn you can practice on in a couple months too. I've told Matthew many times in the last year that I want to take a photography class but just haven't done it. I want a better camera too. I think your pictures are GREAT! Good job on putting time into a new talent.

Leslie said...

I love how beautifully you pictured some of the faces I love best!!! Keep it up you are on a roll.

Alanya/Ally said...

They are beautiful!!! And anytime you want to practice on my girls just give me a call! They are always wanting pictures taken anyway.