Thursday, December 22, 2011

Part of Growing Up

Well, Lindsey turned six and it seems like she's not planning on staying small for long. In the same week, she got new glasses and lost one of her teeth. What's next?! I had prepared myself long ago for the glasses part, because Ben and I gave her bad genetic luck with that one...but I truly wasn't ready for her to come over and say "Look Mom!" as she wiggled that cute little bottom tooth. It didn't even last a week for that thing to jump ship. I actually forgot it was loose and brushed it right out of her mouth one night. It was perfect the way it happened because she and I both didn't even know it was happening until it was over. Once it stopped bleeding, she looked in the mirror and said softly "Oh, I don't look pretty anymore." I had to correct that way of thinking instantly. As soon as she realized that she was indeed still incredibly pretty, and that this was merely just a sign that she was getting bigger, she couldn't stop grinning.
A few days later Lindsey's new glasses came in and she was so excited. I hoped we could have put this off longer, but the optometrist said these were needing to be worn all day/every day. She got to pick out her frame with a little help from Mom and Dad. She loves them, and so far has tried to be very careful with how she handles them.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Lindsey Elaine you are always beautiful! Love the glasses, so cute! Uncle Josh is proud of her for losing her first tooth.

Alanya/Ally said...

I love them!!! She showed me her missing tooth last night while standing in line for Santa Clause... Ashley lost the same one that night! I agree that 6 is just simply too young to start loosing teeth. But, girl, are those glasses cute on her or what?

molly said...

So sweet! What a cute little girl to match the cute frames!

That is funny because my Little E just got her first tooth and I was sad because it is a sign she's growing up and won't be my baby anymore. Milestones are so bitter-sweet, aren't they?!

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute in her glasses!