Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Foster Parents

My neighbor called me a couple days ago and had a pretty sad story about a little kitten. She said the neighbor's beside her came across a little kitty down by a pond with a hook stuck in his mouth, a bleeding nose, and a singed off eyebrow (disgusting to think someone could be so terrible). The poor thing was all alone and in some serious need of a little TLC. My neighbor took him in to the vet to get him checked out and then work on finding him a good home. She tried to keep him but her other two cats wouldn't allow it. He was stuck in her bathroom all day and night, and was hoping Ben and I would take him. I instantly fell in love with the kitty. He's adorable and purrs as soon as you pick him up. He's very gentle and sweet. Ben and I discussed it long and hard. We were very close to keeping him and naming him Oliver (like the other orphan) but we both kept getting nervous about the obligation. Call us selfish, but it's a big responsibility that we're not sure we're ready to take on. We've had him since Sunday evening and he's been fun; but we're trying to find this sweet thing a new home. If anyone is, or knows of someone who could give this kitten a good home, please let me know! He's about 6-7 weeks old, box trained, and got a treatment for fleas while at the vet.



7 comments:

Kasey said...

I found you. :)

~Kasey

Kasey said...

Hey, I did not do that to get you "hooked", honestly...I just wanted to make this "foster" experience easier so your load would be lightened and you wouldn't want to give up! But if it's making little Oliver a little closer to having you as a mommy and daddy...who am I to complain...hehehe

Kasey said...

oh and btw...I took the kitty to Blayneys in Caldwell (vet), they are really reasonably priced. You could tell them you were recommended by a customer of theirs, Katie Leonard's daughter.

Juliette said...

Oh cute! But, I would have to side with you guys, It would be hard to take on such obligations, pets take a lot of time and effort. Hope know one is to attached to Oliver.

Kasey said...

My dad's friend wants to see the kitten, but if he decided he wanted it, he couldn't take it until they got back from vacation- which is in about two weeks. I asked dad when his friend wanted to see the kitten, and he just said "not today" so nothing has been pinned down as to when he will want to see the kitty.

Erika J. said...

stopping in to say hi. i'm kasey's friend, erika. you have 2 beautiful children!

Kasey said...

That's fine about the stuff :) I hope she is getting along with him well! Yes I had a good fourth, we had church convention going on, so it was wonderful!