Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lindsey's 1st Swimming Pool

Like her Daddy, Lindsey loves to go swimming. I bought her a fun little inflatable pool last week that she was very excited about. I was hoping to get one of those hard plastic ones, but couldn't find one anywhere--it's probably for the better since we wouldn't really have a good place to store one like that. Anyway, it took all the air in my body to blow the darn thing up. When Ben got home from work that day he asked why I didn't use the air mattress' air pump--huh, now that's a novel idea! Today was the big day to get it filled up and finally get to go swimming! Lindsey was so excited. She held the hose while the water slowly got higher. It wasn't long before she asked to get her swimming suit on. We spent almost an hour outside while she sat and splashed in the pool. When I was ready to go back inside, Lindsey definitely wasn't. I wrapped her in a towel and set her squirmy body on our cement slab while she yelled "I fishing pole!!" (interpretation: "I want the swimming pool!"). It took 2 seconds for her to drop the towel, run around me and get back into the pool--grassy feet and all.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha, that looks like so much fun. I think I should get my suit and head over. Good luck keeping her in the house now.

Kasey said...

Hey, sorry I wasn't home tonight....I was there for only about thirty minutes after work. My cousin had her bday party in boise tonight. Big 1-4. AND, my mom and dad have a big pool, it's one of those above ground ones, but its about 3.5 feet deep and 14 feet across. You could bring her over if you wanted. they live about five minutes from us.

Tony and Sarah Hendricks said...

looks like so much fun!!! I may have to go buy one for myself to stay cool! she looks adorable in her suit and her sunglasses!!

Tony and Sarah Hendricks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Juliette said...

Good choice, that pool looks like it will keep her entertained all summer long!!

Anonymous said...

Libby loves the water too! We are starting swimming lessons in 2 weeks and she is very excited!!! We did them with her last year as well, so she knows what to look forward to. Sadly Hannah isn't old enough to do lessons this year. You have to be 6 months old to enroll. Lots of fun!!