Monday, February 2, 2009

Silly Girl


Lindsey has become a very independent little girl these days. She wants to do everything "All by myself!" which is definitely good practice, but sometimes annoying. She wants to get in and out of the car without help, go into the public restroom stall all by herself, get things out of the fridge and off the counters, shut the doors, turn on and off the light, get dressed, comb her hair, brush her teeth, read her book, etc etc etc "ALL BY MYSELF!" Some days it's nice to just watch her struggle doing something I've been swatted away from trying to help, just to get my point across that she still can't do everything by herself. She'll eventually get so frustrated and ask for help.

On most days, Lindsey insists on taking her nap in her comfy PJ's. I guess I can't blame her, but today, I have a hard time understanding how this could have been comfortable...She wanted to do it all by herself, so there ya go Lindz--sleep tight!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

The picture made the post. I laughed so hard when I got to the end. Got to love little miss independent.

Kasey said...

it almost looks like she is a contortionist, or whatever you call it. :)

Tony and Sarah Hendricks said...

What a great pic! I saw that and started to laugh....it didn't even need explaining...you could tell what happened! YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious- even more so because Liberty is going through the exact same thing! DRIVES ME CRAZY! She always says, "I wanna do it myself!" So glad to hear that I am not alone!

- Tristin - said...

HA! HA! That is AWESOME!!! At first she looks REALLY flexible, then you see whats going on! I was about to say-"GET THAT KID ON LETTERMAN!!!" :D TOO CUTE!

Alanya/Ally said...

That is awesome! That's pretty impressive she got them on like that. I understand the love/hate relationship with the independence. Sammy's to the stage she wants to do her own hair... and since I was gone this past weekend, Andy let her do her own hair. This week has been a battle getting ready for school. Good luck!

molly said...

Too cute! That made me laugh. She looks so proud of herself too :)