Thursday, March 26, 2009

March Madness

I sometimes can't believe how much I have changed since being married. I never, and I mean never, would have imagined myself:
1. Filling out a bracket for March Madness.
2. Even knowing what March Madness was.
3. Rooting against my husband for a team, and becoming annoyed when he's right and I'm wrong on who would win.
4. Being one to "talk smack".
5. Sitting in my living room watching games back to back to the point of not showering until there was enough of a break to feel I could squeeze it in (that was last year).

Ben put in a request for tickets months ago when he found out Boise State would be hosting some of the games for the first two rounds. There was a total of 6 games you would get to attend. It was kind of a luck-of-the-draw kind of thing since there were far more requests for tickets than they could offer. Ben found out he wasn't picked to get them, but luckily found a guy from church who was trying to sell his (he put in for 3 different locations and got all 3). Ben asked if I'd want to go, but knowing it would be hours upon hours of pure basketball I declined...plus, seriously, I couldn't expect to find a babysitter for all 6 games. Anyway, Ben's Dad and Step-Mom bought the other 3 of the 4 tickets, and they were kind enough to let me go to some of the games. I filled my bracket out before-hand, so I already had a good idea of who I wanted to win each game. It was exciting. Last year I ended up watching a lot of it on the TV (even without Ben being home) but found there's nothing quite like seeing it actually happen right before you. Now I will continue to watch the rest of the tournament while I can, keeping my fingers crossed that my bracket doesn't completely fall apart...Go OKLAHOMA!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck with that! Hey--did your stove go on strike??? I'd love to know!

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you decided to join in the family march madess fun. It makes that more fun having you be a part of it.

molly said...

I LOVE this post! This is what marriage is all about. I can tell you how to field score a ram. Never would I have thought I could do that nor want to do that. I wonder what Ben finds himself doing in the name of love? :)