Friday, March 6, 2009

Girl Scout Cookie Frustration!!

Photobucket
What feels like a couple months ago, I ordered some Girl Scout Cookies from an 11 year old girl from church. Her dad brought her around the neighborhood and I gladly signed up for a couple boxes. They may be a little over-priced in my opinion, but once in a while it's worth the extra few bucks for the tasty treat. From now on though, I think I'll stick with buying them from a random scout sitting in Albertson's lobby....Here's why: When they came by our house, they said we could wait to pay for the cookies when they arrive at my door; so that was what we planned...until several weeks later the Dad dropped by the house and said someone lost their list and they needed me to sign up again, as well as pay for them right then. A little unsure of why, but not wanting to be difficult, I was compliant. Weeks go by..... The people at Ben's work received their cookies about 2 weeks ago, and the check I wrote cleared the bank account...and, I'm still waiting! I asked the dad of the girl at church last Sunday, and he sheepishly grinned, saying "Oh, I've got them at our house--we'll have to drop them off"...and now it's Friday with no sign of any cookies. Ben's been tempted to drop by their house and just ask them to hand them over, which I would be all for him doing. I've been trying to be patient. It's not always one of my strong suits...but now I've had it! If they don't arrive by tomorrow, they will be getting a phone call or knock on the door from a disgruntled customer. I will try to be pleasant; but I make no promises! My feelings are that if you're going to sell the cookies, you'd better be ready to deliver them in a timely manner!

So...all you out there....am I being completely unreasonable??
I'd love feedback!
Thin Mint Pictures, Images and Photos

7 comments:

- Tristin - said...

Wow! Nothing like teaching your kid responsibility! :D Ya know- My sister's sis-in law made some homeade samoas. (my fav gscout cookies!) They were AWESOME and easy! I'll get the recipe and email ya... then you can have girl scout cookies ALL year long!

Elizabeth & Matthew said...

I'm on your side. That is very frustrating. Hope you get them soon!

Autumn said...

So uncool! Now you know who not to buy them from next year, and if they come to your door again a year from now I'd be honest. If they are in your ward you could always call Sunday morning and ask if they can just bring them to church. That's kind of rude on their part. Hope you get your cookies soon.
ps if you get that recipe, please share. Yum!

Kasey said...

haha..you're funny. I think I'd be the same way. You paid, specially now when dollars seem to be so tight. If it were me, I'd ask like you have, keep waiting, then make BEN go to the door for the face to face work. haha

Anonymous said...

I would feel the exact same! my issue right now id my neighbors dog pooping in our yard! There is a reason that I don't have a dog- I clean up enough poop to last me as it is! I am trying to be patient with Jake going to talk to them about it, because if I go I can assure you that I will not be kind OR reasonable! Poor Liberty just wants to be able to play in the yard, and I won't let her until the poop issue is resolved- does that make me unreasonable? I totally think you are right to be annoyed, maybe its because it makes me feel better, but I still think that you are right!

Unknown said...

You are right...I've enjoyed my cookies from the scouts outside WalMart...Hope you got them since you posted!

Erin said...

UMMM, I'm still waiting too. Must be the same girlscout :)